The Psion Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Psion Academy

Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Observations on Age

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SilentObserver

SilentObserver

Observations on Age Empty
PostSubject: Observations on Age   Observations on Age I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:15 am

I personally do not think age has much to do with psionics but first I must elaborate. I do not mean that your age does not matter at all but more so that it is like any other skill, if you reject it you most likely will never be good at it. Anyone that thinks psionics is easier to do when you are young first think of one main factor in psionics, belief. Children do not have any preconceived notions as to how things should work. They accept what they experience just as it is. This attitude is very conducive to psionics especially when just starting out. But this does not mean young children are better at psionics it points out the benefits of thinking like a child. Do not accept things as what others have said they are. Your experience should be your main guide but don't let it limit you either. Consider things as possible and avoid thinking of things in absolute terms (Impossible, always, never) things are not absolute but also that statement is not absolute. I believe people put too much stock in age, all it really is is a number nothing more nothing less. Make your own choices age is not a factor your health is your skill is your knowledge is your beliefs are. I hope at least someone understands what I am saying here. I would like everyone to understand.

Thats it for the next observation I will decide what to talk about later not right now.

-Do not be a number.
Back to top Go down
Sussch

Observations on Age Empty
PostSubject: Wanna be the best?   Observations on Age I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:52 pm

I agree.
Here's why I think people consider age important:

We like to compare ourselves to other people. When we see little kids performing something we can't, it either motivates or depresses us. We want to be the best in every aspect and when we see that we are not, we push more until we are.

I just think that the previous goes not only for myself, but at least some other people as well - that's why I used plural in the sentences.

I'm constantly trying to make it clear to myself that comparing people doesn't make any sense - people are way too different to compare. We differ by our goals, abilities, character and so on and because of that, we can't compare ourselves by our abilities or by the properties of our characters. Nobody is better than anyone else already because the word "better" implies that the two objects can somehow be measured.

For some reason, I never seem to actually get it - I know that I can't compare myself to others, but I'm still doing it and I still feel bad if I see that I have gotten a grade even worse than a few of my classmates.

Last edited by Sussch on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
http://indreksnt.tservu.pri.ee/

Observations on Age
Page 1 of 1